What is Takalam?
Takalam is an online counseling and wellbeing platform, connecting individuals, couples, and organizations directly with professional counselors. This is done through a private and personalized digital experience using video, audio, and instant messaging on a
highly secured platform.
Our mission is to promote a state of well-being and the pursuit of having a healthy mind by making online counseling available to anyone, anytime, and anywhere. Additionally, we aim to break the cultural stigma around mental health for a greater social impact.
Please click on About Us
for more information.
How does it work?
- Sign up or Login with your details.
- Choose your preferred counselor.
- Book your session.
Why use Takalam?
Takalam provides you with a safe space to discuss your mental well-being and ways to improve it. Whether you have a specific issue to discuss, or generally talk about your mental well-being, Takalam is here for you. With Takalam, you can access individual and couples from
We encourage individuals who are suffering in silence to seek professional help by giving them a safe, convenient, and private place to let their worries out and improve their mental state. Takalam is ideal for your usage if:
- You worry about embarrassment and discomfort of walking in and out of a clinic while feeling judged by anyone you encounter, this can be solved with Takalam online counseling, to get you more relaxed in a virtual format from your home.
- You are tired of driving from and to the clinic and go through the inconvenience of finding a parking spot! Takalam online counseling will help you take care of that.
- You cannot find the time for an in-office therapy appointment, which is usually challenging, especially when mental health takes a backseat on our list of priorities. This is nullified with Takalam online counseling.
- You are unhappy with the overpriced traditional therapy sessions, Takalam online counseling offers several payment options that are more affordable and caters to different needs.
Who are the counselors?
A group of independent mental health professionals with different areas of expertise. Click here
to learn more about them.
How many sessions do I need?
This varies from one person to another. Some people might feel fulfilled after a few weeks, and others might prefer a longer period. As such, the time is completely up to you and your counselor.
Is Takalam right for everyone?
Takalam is right for anyone who is looking to improve their mental well-being. Our counseling services range anywhere from discussing your mental health to addressing specific conditions. Whatever you need, our diverse team is here to help.
If you are experiencing the following issues, Takalam is not
right for you, please seek face-to-face
- Minors under legal guardian care
- Thoughts of hurting yourself or others
- Suicidal thoughts or ideation
- Diagnosed with a severe mental illness or advised to stay in psychiatric care
- Severe withdrawal symptoms from drugs and alcohol
If you are facing an emergency or a crisis, call/visit:
- Police – 999
- UAE Mental Support Line – 800HOPE (8004673)
- Rashid Hospital – 04 219 2000
- Al Amal Psychiatric Hospital – 04 519 2500
- Dubai Foundation For Women & Children - 04 606 0300